Plantar Fasciitis is the most common cause of heel pain. It is estimated that about 10% of running community is affected by plantar Fasciitis. The plantar fascia (PF) is a flat and thick fibrous band that connects your heel bone to your toes. Its main purpose is to support the arch of the foot. Running can strain your plantar fascia and can cause terrible heel pain. Plantar fasciitis can be stubborn to treat.
The main purpose of plantar fasciitis treatment is to reduce pain and inflammation, find out the possible causes, recover flexibility in your foot. There are many treatment options that you can consider to cure plantar fasciitis. These options used in combination has proven to be useful for most people.
· Rest your feet. If possible, stop running or walking especially on concrete surface.
· You can take non-inflammatory drug as recommended by your physician and put ice on your feet to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
· Wear shoes with well cushioned sole. You can even insert heel cups in your shoes.
· Simple stretching exercises also helps in strengthening muscles and making feet ligaments more flexible.
· If you are overweight, doctor might guide you to join a weight loss program so that you reduce weight and exert less pressure on your feet.
· A walking cast on your lower foot also helps you rest your foot better.
The most beneficial treatment option is formal physical therapy by a certified trainer. With the trainer’s proper guidance, you can treat your heel pain by properly stretching your Achilles tendon and plantar fascia ligament.
Getting back your life with no restrictions is a systematic process that takes time, guidance, and discipline. The certified and experienced trainer at plantarfasciitisrehab.com has shared years of experience and tested exercises through videos to help you beat Plantar Fasciitis and get back to 100%. These easy to follow videos and informational PDF’s will help you get back on your feet and running in no time.